10.12.2008

New Sand lot in JC!

This weekend in JC we got our very own, larger then life, right in our own front yard...Sand box! Sounds exciting right!? NO!! IT TOTALLY STINKS!!! We had a HUGE wind storm ALL day long yesterday. The wind was blowing so hard, all the trains were stopped, there were 5th wheels and semis flipped over on I-40. And this is what we got from it! The boys were of course awesome helpers! Our grass was just covered, we knew we'd have to get as much off as we could or it'd all be dead. Here is Beau with just one of his many wheel barrow loads! Surprisingly he is smiling in this picture. (We were not very happy about this) Here you can see where the dirt is clear to the top of our rail road ties, just covering our poor bushes and trees! We have a couple of windows in the house that we had to vacuum out because they held about 3 inches of sand in them. Ah, another load from Beau! OH! And because the weather was so HORRIBLE, we didn't get our house finished. FOR THE SECOND WEEKEND IN A ROW! One thing that makes this whole thing much worse...we went into town to Beau's parents house for a family party...and the wind was not half as bad there! UGH! All we could see that happened to anyone elses yard were branches broken off of trees. Beau's thoughts after this whole ordeal: Some people say Joseph City sucks, but it definitely blows!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

The wind brought all that sand in? Oh my!!

Alicia said...

Wasn't that awful? Where the heck did all that wind come from? And it brought all this COLD weather with it.

I can't believe that all that sand landed in your yard! That's nuts.

Kay said...

I definitely don't miss the wind! The clean up sure isn't fun, and it's hard when no one else has it as bad as you. Not fun!

thebush3 said...

Kari told me when I moved there that is doesn't always blow in JC, well then this summer the wind blew more than normal - now this - I don't believe that the wind ever stops - she was lying to me - I have never seen a still day in JC

Alona said...

Aahhh! I miss old JC wind! Sorry about all the trouble it caused. It's your version of hurricanes!