10.31.2009

Treats and Halloween

So this year I must admit I wasn't really in the Halloween mood as much as the years before and it kinda just snuck up on me. (can anybody else believe its already November?!) Beau has been OTR for 2 weeks now and I was bummed that he wouldn't be here with us. He loves dressing up with the kids at Halloween and taking 'em to the houses.
I have fun just watching them and driving them around.
Luckily for me and the boys Uncle Zach came over and carved pumpkins with them!

The kids costumes were super easy this year!

I didn't have to buy anything! YAY!

(Keep in mind: the Tubbs have always been huge Steelers fans so that is, of course, what we are raising our kids to be...)

Hayden wanted to be a Steelers fan...so he borrowed a steelerhead from grandad and some tattoos for his face (so much easier and more comfortable then painting his face... I actually put one on upside down but it wasn't too noticeable, oops!) He also has on a Steelers shirt and a Terrible Towel on his belt loop. He loved his costume! (I love how the steelerhead makes his ears poke out!)

Tanner wanted to be a Steelers football player. And of course we just happened to have a uniform lying around! He also got some tattoos on his cheeks. Super easy and super cute! Our little Mason was Batman! He was so cute with that mask on. He has been wearing it for a month now and he would never let me put it on tight enough. Oh well, now all of my boys have been batman! I even taught him how to sing the batman song, its so cute, you should have him sing it to you! I love this little guy! Emmaree squeezed into one of Brigette's old costumes and I used a tutu that was given to her at my baby shower by one of my friends, she was a little princess, of course! She kept playing with the tutu and sucking on it and pretty much only wore the costume for this picture!
Holidays are so fun when you have kids! I love em! Now for the best treat of the night...
Brad came over and helped me (OK-well I just watched and he did everything) and set up a web cam so we could talk to Beau on Skype! It was so neat! We loved it! It made me miss him more but I was so happy all night, I couldn't stop smiling and the boys thought it was pretty cool!
He has been been able to stay at Jeff and Wendy's in Texas a few times this summer and twice now this trip! It makes me so happy when his run works out that he gets to go to their house on the weekend. As much as we miss him I know he gets lonely out there too and its so nice for him to be able to get out of the truck for a couple days, go to church, eat a home cooked meal and hang out with them. (He even got to watch the Steelers game last Sunday!) I am so grateful to them for letting him stay with them and of course for introducing us to Skype!
FYI: Beau thinks he will probably stay out 'til Thanksgiving... 3 more weeks :( There is no work here so we are just grateful he has this to do. The weather has been really bad in Wyoming though. He was stuck at a truck stop in Laramie for a few days because of the storms there, but was finally able to leave on a back road to Colorado. I am praying for nicer weather until Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Ashley Lois said...

i love all the kids' costumes, they look so awesome! i am also glad that you got to talk to your lobster. how cute. :)

Alicia said...

This kiddos look so cute!!! Sad that Beau is gone again! I should invite myself over, ha ha!

I'm glad you've got a webcam -I bet that makes a big difference. When Danny was in the academy, I about went nuts.

Kourtney Dawn said...

Ahh!! We miss our Studly Beau Fudly!!! At least we still have eachother!!! Remember when Brigette wore that costume she was only 3 months old!! And she threwup all over her tutu!!

Susannah said...

Your kids are so cute. I love the costumes. I'm glad that you got skype. It really does make a difference to get to see someone!

kristal said...

First off, your profile pic is hot!
Second, I still hate you for hitting your goal weight already. I don't even plan on hitting mine til P is a year old.
Third, adorable costumes. I love all the Steelers stuff.
Fourth, um, I'm not really a fan of this turbo 3 either. I like everything after the Turbo, but the first 3 parts are lame. And yea, her skirt and Holly's hair bug me. I'll try it a few more times this week and bring it back, but I think I'm going to buy Zumba, you can barrow it anytime after the first couple of weeks that I Have it. I like to switch it up every couple of weeks.
Oh and fifth or whatever number I'm on...you're not done...you have a little sister for baby Em waiting!