We seem to have some sort of Valentines Day curse at our house. Last year Mason caught a cold that turned into an ear infection that turned into...
Mastoiditis. I have such a hard time trying to decide whether or not to take my kids to the doctor. I have taken them so many times when the doctor said "Its just a cold." So last year when Mason got sick- I thought, its just a cold. That is until he woke up one morning with his left ear swollen so bad that it was literally sticking out and drooping! I freaked out! As soon as I saw that I loaded him in the car and took him to Flag.
Since it was RSV season and their was tons of babies/children in the pediatric wing we had to stay in the emergency rooms observation wing for over 24 hours.
It was a long 24 hours. Poor Mason didn't know what was going on.
Beau was OTR in Utah and got to come and stay the second night. I was glad. For some reason its easier to handle things like this together.
Mason hated the IV in his arm.
Since he had only been on antibiotics 1 other time in his life they really kicked in and started working fast! Thank goodness! If they hadn't of worked so fast they would have put tubes in his ears but we were able to avoid that and came home after 2 nights in the hospital.
This year Tanner caught a cold about two weeks ago. He had a fever that came and went for a couple days with a cough. That just wouldn't go away. After about 2 weeks of the cough keeping him (and us) up every night and not getting any better...I decided it was time to see the dr.
We took him in today (Valentines Day) and he has a sinus infection and mild pneumonia. Poor guy! At least he doesn't have to stay at the hospital. Antibiotics for 3 days then back to Flag for a check up!
Mastoiditis. I have such a hard time trying to decide whether or not to take my kids to the doctor. I have taken them so many times when the doctor said "Its just a cold." So last year when Mason got sick- I thought, its just a cold. That is until he woke up one morning with his left ear swollen so bad that it was literally sticking out and drooping! I freaked out! As soon as I saw that I loaded him in the car and took him to Flag.
Since it was RSV season and their was tons of babies/children in the pediatric wing we had to stay in the emergency rooms observation wing for over 24 hours.
It was a long 24 hours. Poor Mason didn't know what was going on.
Beau was OTR in Utah and got to come and stay the second night. I was glad. For some reason its easier to handle things like this together.
Mason hated the IV in his arm.
Since he had only been on antibiotics 1 other time in his life they really kicked in and started working fast! Thank goodness! If they hadn't of worked so fast they would have put tubes in his ears but we were able to avoid that and came home after 2 nights in the hospital.
This year Tanner caught a cold about two weeks ago. He had a fever that came and went for a couple days with a cough. That just wouldn't go away. After about 2 weeks of the cough keeping him (and us) up every night and not getting any better...I decided it was time to see the dr.
We took him in today (Valentines Day) and he has a sinus infection and mild pneumonia. Poor guy! At least he doesn't have to stay at the hospital. Antibiotics for 3 days then back to Flag for a check up! *
*
*
I'm hoping next year will be better!
1 comment:
Poor boys, I didn't realize it was valentines last year when Mason ws in the hospital, I kept trying to figure out why we didn't have Brigette, cause mom and dad took her so I could help you!!! I hope Tanner feels better soon!!
Post a Comment