11.07.2008

Our small but happy home!

Today I decided to finally post a blog about our house! (mainly because I didn't have anything else to blog about.) I am so HAPPY to be done with it! (Well my jobs are done, Beau still has a few, but I am done!) Here is the front of our house, with my little Mason trying to follow me, no socks, shoes or jacket and its freezing! Here is our backyard view. I am hoping next spring to finally plant a lawn back here! side views- the pics really don't do the color justice, its so much prettier in person!
And while I was at it I went ahead and did the inside. (There is Mason- again saying "take a picture of me mama!") This is our living room. The other wall has our entertainment center and fireplace on it, which by the way we got to finally build a couple fires in this week! It was so warm and cozy, I love it!
Our kitchen/dining area! My next project I want to do(or have Beau do rather!) is the kitchen. The cabinets are cheap (they came w/the house) and I would love to finally have a DISHWASHER! Plus I think its about time we get a bigger table. Our family will soon grow from a family of 5 to a family of 6. Mason always brings a stool over, which is fine-for now. Since Beau can build the cabinets by himself I'm hoping he'll be in the mood for another project next summer!
Here is mine and Beau's room. I just rearranged it for the first time in 10 YEARS last week! I made both the quilts you can see and Beau built both our dressers, the other one is on the other wall, it is a chest type with 6 drawers, side by side. They are beautiful. I made Beau trade me sides of the bed, due to my frequent trips to the bathroom every night! (when will they stop!) This way I'm closer and don't have to go around the bed, because that would suck!
Here is Hayden and Tanner's room. It is a pretty big room. They should be grateful when they get home from school- this is the second time this week I cleaned their room for them!
And this, I am sad to say, is Mason's room. If you can even call it that. Its more of a storage room. It has our year supply, boxes of clothes that the boys haven't outgrown or Mason is not quite big enough to wear, toys and mine and Mason's vacuums. It used to be cute along time ago, when it was just us and Hayden, but add 2 more boys and we have just got so much stuff, I really need to have a yard sale! This is one of the reasons why a little girl would be so nice... I could finally get rid of all this boy stuff! (The only thing I didn't post was the laundry and 2 baths, which are pretty nice size!) So there you have it! Our small, but happy home!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I loved the tour. It's all very cute. Just tell me it's not always that clean. If I cleaned my house to take pictures, it'd be destroyed again before I had time to get the camera. *sigh*

Christine Bushman said...

a few suggestions:
frist do what we do, we put food storage everywhere in our house. like under beds. If you have a ton, use the boxes of cans as a bed stand. Put it also in the bottoms of closets, back of cupboards...places like that.

As for extra clothes. DOWN Size them now! Most or some of those will be out of season, when you next one comes. Start down sizing Now! And I have found that SPACE bags are the greatest things in the world.

Oh one more, Do you have an attic or crawl space up top?

Have Beau build a storage shed, too?