10.16.2010

Juniper

Friday morning we left bright and (a little too) early
to go cut some wood for our wood pile this
winter.  I LOVE having a wood stove! In the
winter we barely use our heater so we go through lots
of wood!  Its so nice- there is nothing like a nice, warm,
cozy fire to snuggle up to:)

The day was absolutely beautiful and everything went
so perfect!  We didn't want to leave...
except for maybe a potty, bath and warm bed...

Emmaree was SOOOO good!  Have I mentioned before that
she is the best little girl we have ever had?!
Well she is!  She was so happy and good the WHOLE time!

Hear she is practicing her Elk bugle...
Uncle Blaine would be proud:)

 I wanted to take a couple pics of me with
the boys...you know, so they can look back and always remember
what an awesome, fun and hard working mom they had:)
 And I had to post this AWFUL pic of Hayden!!!
He is always one to make these ugly faces for pictures!
One of these days he'll regret it.
I LOVE my hard working man!  and  I love
how happy it makes him to work hard!
He is the BEST!
 Trying to saw some logs while daddy cuts some logs...
hahaha!
(i know- I'm such a cheeseball!)
 Beau went to cut down this tree and
found the whole thing to be hollow! 
It was pretty neat and we actually brought 
this piece home.
 Isn't it funny how they just happen to
be looking the other way as I am taking a picture?
 The only road we went on was awful!  It was
extremely bumpy and rocky- we had to drive sooo slow. We
started cutting a little after 9am and got done about 3:30. 
We only went 2.6 miles the whole day!
The road may have been bad but the trees were great!
We got 2 chords and about 95%  was Juniper!
 I love what good workers my boys are:)
 Here is Tanner loading Hayden up and
Mason waiting his turn:)
Now we just have to wait for it to get cold enough to
build a fire!  I can't believe how warm it still is?!

P.S.  Sorry about the tiny pictures, I forgot my
camera so my cell phone had to do!

Small pics are better than no pics, right?!

5 comments:

Ashley Lois said...

i'm not gonna lie, i usually hated going to cut wood. more the loading than the cutting part. at least you have all those boys to do it for you!

Velika said...

Looks like fun! Your posts like this make me wish we lived away from the city. Enjoy your fires!

Westover Bunch said...

Cutting wood is one of our favorite traditions!! We use to do it every year for Matts mom! Enjoy your toasty fires, you worked hard for them!

Kristi @ Lolly Jane said...

those pics make me want to go camping & eat s'mores! ;)

Kourtney Dawn said...

Ahhh... so fun!!! Guess what?? I can't read your blog on my phone!!! It gets all screwy!!! Oh well!!!!